Monday, August 31, 2009

I can finally cook in Abu Dhabi!

Yay! I can now cook :-) My Rice Cooker works, my Hob works, and best of all I have my own Kitchen. Finally :-)

This was my first meal at home, inspired by my grandma's cooking twenty years ago ... Chicken and Omelette stir-fried with Baked Beans.


Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce is hard to beat, especially when its air-flown all the way from Malaysia! Used sparingly... I made some stir fried chicken with oyster sauce and mushrooms. I loved the caramelised indian onions :-)


On afternoon I even fried some rice with mushies and chicken ... Had it with some leftover "Jules baked beans special" on the side :-)


My attempt at some NZ beef mince-bolognaise ... served with some buttered toast :-) Ah the simple pleasures!

2 comments:

ahhou said...

wow, looked very nice. nowadays foodies can cook eh?

Julian Si said...

Haha, funny!!