Friday, December 28, 2007

Teow Chew Meng, Subang ... No photos please!

Teow Chew Meng is an interesting eatery located in SS14 in Subang Jaya
Add: 9 Jalan SS14/1, Subang Jaya
Tel: +603 7877 9298
Tel: +6012 472 8387
Our group went along to this restaurant cos' we felt like something 'hot' (temperature) on a cold rainy night, the temperature was only 24-25 C last night!


I managed to take a few photos of the starters before I was told not to!


Mee sua is the Chinese longevity fine noodle and the dish was cooked in clear, plain soup but had a starchy appearance when served.


These photos came from other Bloggers, who may not have the same NO PHOTOS EXPERIENCE I did ... we also had Octopus and the gals shared an Onei for dessert.


But I was instantly dissapointed ... NO PHOTOS!
alicetsj.blogspot.com describes this scenario,
"Funny another thing I discovered in this restaurant, there were signs of like "No Outside Food" "No Pets" and I found one, "No Cameras". WTF??!!! I wouldn't care but just keep on snapping my handphone cam, haha! Why they wouldn't allow it, I hell dunoo. But birthday or any occassion celebrators, pls do not go cos photo taking is prohibited, thus you will miss taking pictures of those moment, haha!"


What I don't understand is how other reviewers managed to take photos, was this a recently introduced rule? Why couldn't they make an exception even though I informed BOTH waiter and waitress that I was a food blogger, and just wanted to do a write up about the restaurant and its food. Tsk tsk ... I wasn't a happy Flogger last night!

AllMalaysia review ... Eating Out at Teow Chew Meng

OK, OK .. enough ranting! How was the food?
It was actually rather good, the side dishes especially the Octopus, turned out to be more tasty then the Mee Sua. But overall, rather good.
I am still curious ... WHY CAN'T WE TAKE PHOTOS!?


UPDATE! Thursday 27th Dec, 3pm ...
Received an SMS reply from the restauranteur:
Firstly we would like to express our apology for not allowing you to photograph our food.
Nevertheless we can't blame our staff totally because it is our policy not to allow patrons to take photographs, unless prior permission or arrangement is made.
Like most restaurants do, we have our reasons for doing so.
However we do welcome reporters, columnists, and food commentaries like you to review not our food but also the other aspects of our restaurant.
However it has to be done with proper procedure to avoid misunderstanding between the parties.
As such we would be most delighted if you could call me (Penny) or my husband (Steven) beforehand.
Any inconvenience caused is much regreted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is the Or Nee as good as Swa Garden Restaurant's?

For me, if the restaurant's service attitude is bad, they don't make u feel welcome... the food no matter how good, will leave a sour taste in my mouth...

thats just me..

Julian Si said...

Hey bro, Swa's a lot better bro.

Service attitude just strange, not bad in particular ... i will do a follow up post in a while, got an SMS from the restauranteur!

Cheers!